Author; Scott Cunningham
Dreaming the Divine by Scott Cunningham (previously published as Sacred Sleep: Dreams & the Divine) is one of the most unique books ever published on dreams. Most authorities agree that dreams are very important for those on a spiritual path. This book shows you how to push beyond the boundaries of ordinary dreaming, and introduces you to the concept of making sleep a spiritual act.
This process is known as "dream incubation" or "sacred sleep." The technique was practiced in dream temples around the ancient world, including those in Egypt, Babylon, Greece, and Rome. Dream incubation is the process of creating sacred dreams for a specific purpose: healing, advice, glimpses of the future, protection, conception of children, battle plans, and a host of other reasons. Now you can learn this technique in Dreaming the Divine.
Tucked inside this book, you'll find practical and simple techniques for receiving sacred messages in your dreams, including:
- How to prepare for sacred sleep
- Dream rituals and spells to achieve your sacred sleep goals
- The meanings of dream symbols seen during sacred sleep
- Dream messengers and deities from numerous cultures
- Natural sleep-inducing techniques including prayer, special baths, special foods to eat and others to avoid, herb teas, scented pillows, aromatherapy, and several others
- How to remember and record your sacred sleep dreams.
Seeking communion with the divine through dreams is one of the oldest forms of personal spirituality. Sacred sleep is one way to remove spirituality from the hands of the "experts" and place it where it belongs: in the hearts, minds, and dreams of everyday people. Get Dreaming the Divine and make your dreamtime special.